|Formally known as Chocolate Eclair Cake, but colloquially (i.e., Dumke fam) referred to as Icebox Cake, this family favorite is sure to please the palate. Simple and classic ingredients combine to form soft, creamy pudding layers topped with a silky chocolate ganache. Shout out to my Aunt Joan for taking your ordinary ingredients - graham crakers, cool whip, cream cheese, pudding, chocolate - and making something that's anything but colloquial.|
18 Graham Crackers
2, 1.4-ounce Packages Sugar-free Vanilla Instant Pudding
3 Cups Cold Milk
1, 8-ounce Package Cool Whip
1, 8-ounce Container Whipped Cream Cheese
1, 1-ounce square of Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
2 Tablespoons Butter
¼ Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
1. Using an electric mixer or some strong hands, mix together the 3 cups cold milk and 2 packages of vanilla instant pudding until thick.
2. Add the whipped cream cheese and stir until combined.
3. Fold in the cool whip.
4. In a 13x9 glass baking dish, arrange 6 graham crackers on the bottom.
5. Spread half the pudding mixture of the graham crackers and top with an additional 6 graham crackers. Top with the rest of the pudding mixture and again arrange 6 more graham crackers on top. Set Aside.
6. In a separate bowl, microwave the chocolate and margarine until melted.
7. Add the ¼ cup milk and 2 Tablespoons of honey to the chocolate mixture.
8. Sift in 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar and mix until chocolate mixture is smooth.
9. Pour the chocolate mixture over the top layer of graham crackers and evenly spread out so that the entire top of the cake is covered with chocolate.
10. Chill for at least 2 hours; the graham cracker layers will become softer the longer they sit in the refrigerator.