For the vanilla cupcakes:
* 1/2-cup butter cut into cubes, softened
*1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
*2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix butter with flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add ½ cup milk and egg. Beat until the flour is moist. Add the remaining milk and vanilla. Beat for one more minute.
2. Line mini-muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill about ½ way with batter (not more or they bubble over a bit too much).
3. Bake about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe below) (and chocolate-drizzled strawberries, chilled and cut in half).
Mama Dumke’s Classic Cream Cheese Frosting
*8-ounces cream cheese
*1 stick butter
*3 ½ - 4 cups powdered sugar (1 box)
*1 tsp. vanilla
Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer or some strong arms! Mmmm…..My favorite!